Accessibility for In-Person INBOUND
This page will be updated regularly as our plans for the INBOUND in-person experience are finalized. Please check back often or email email@example.com with questions.
INBOUND takes place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC), which is a fully accessible convention center and venue. Later this summer, as planning continues, we will be releasing an in-person Accessibility Guide regarding the experience at the BCEC. This guide will include:
- Location of our Help Desks and assistance areas onsite for any questions or concerns, as well as a pickup area for printed materials.
- Location of accessible entrance lanes at each entrance (all entrances will be accessible)
- Location of accessible and gender neutral bathrooms throughout the building
- Information for those with service animals. We are happy to host all trained service animals at the BCEC. Other animals are not allowed. Please let us know in advance if you will be needing access by completing the Accommodation Request Form.
- ADA pick up / drop-off areas for transportation
- Location of medical areas with refrigeration and charging areas for motorized devices and medical equipment.
- Location and details on our locked lactation room for nursing or pumping individuals. Please let us know in advance if you will be needing access by completing the Accommodation Request Form.
- Location of our quiet / low-sensory rooms
- Information on dietary requests and where to find dietary based meals throughout the venue
- Information on bringing in prescription medicines and dietary meals
- Final information on ASL Interpreters request processes and final locations of ASL Interpreters at each stage
- Locations and layouts of ADA all seating areas
American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters - In Person
INBOUND provides ASL interpreters for all core keynote sessions. Additional breakout sessions and functions may be requested and scheduled by filling out the Accommodation Request Form. Additional questions regarding ASL Interpreters can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companions & Personal Attendants
Attendees with disabilities who require the assistance of an attendant, companion or service animal within the BCEC can request a complimentary Companion ticket. The ticket does not grant access to INBOUND by itself and the companion ticket must match the badge-holder’s name to be valid. One Companion ticket is provided per designated attendee. Please contact email@example.com for additional information on the ticketing process and how to request. You may also request this by filling the Accommodation Request Form.
Wheelchairs and 3- or 4-wheel electric scooters, walkers, canes, and crutches are allowed and are reasonably accommodated. Please know that INBOUND does not provide push services for attendees. For safety reasons, requests to use other power-driven mobility devices will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please include this request in the Accommodation Request Form.
Other Requests & Accommodations for In-Person:
If you have purchased a ticket to attend INBOUND22 in person, please use the Accommodation Request Form to request any arrangements you may need in order to full participate.
Deadline for requests: August 5, 2022.
Because everyone is included at INBOUND (and we comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act), INBOUND will fulfill reasonable requests for accommodations made 30 days in advance. Some types of accommodations can take several weeks to arrange, and requests made less than 30 days prior to the event cannot be guaranteed. If you have a request after August 5, 2022, we'll work with you to find the best solution that's possible within the time we have.
Please note, INBOUND can not provide the following:
- Devices that are personal or individually prescribed, such as wheelchairs, prescription eyeglasses, or hearing aids.
- Connections to soundboards.
- Captioning in languages other than English.
- Guides and ASL Interpreters to accompany individuals, parties, sponsor events/booths/activations, or ancillary/satellite functions not directly produced by INBOUND.